Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the heart of Bright Network's mission. We strive to make our events as accessible and inclusive as possible, whether they are online or in person.
- Fully wheelchair accessible venues
- Dedicated support page highlighting accessibility at the venue, including accessible entrances and the venue's more specific guidance
- Reserved seating at the front of sessions for attendees who are hard of hearing or are visually impaired
- Live closed captioning on screen
- First aider onsite
- Gender-neutral toilets (these are currently available at the majority of the venues we host events at; however, we're still working on ensuring they're available at 100% of our venues)
- Prayer room available at all venues
- Quiet space available at all venues
- Reserved seating at the back of the speaker room for attendees with anxiety, autism or something else and would benefit from being near the exit
- Mental health first aider onsite
- Pronouns on name tags for members and employer representatives (for those who choose to opt-in)
- Audio descriptions of event speakers
If you have any feedback on our accessibility and inclusivity initiatives, or ideas of how we can improve, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Accessibility and inclusivity feedback'. Additionally, if you're attending one of our events and require extra support, please let us know via the aforementioned email.